Dance in the Spirit Journal ISSN 2639-2259 is published four times per year. Our inaugural issue was published, Volume 1, Number 1, in mid August 2018. The journal is published quarterly each year (August, November, February, and May). This is an online journal.
- We pay $600-$1,200 US Dollars per accepted article, depending on length.
- We publish artlcles between 2,500 and 6,000 words.
- Video accompanying your essay/prose is welcome, provided that it is 30 seconds long or less, and that you can confirm you own the rights to it. We only publish original work so please only send in what you have not already published.
- Simultaneous submissions are not accepted because of our quick turnaround.
- Each submission is subject to review, and article/essay acceptance is based on the quality of writing, the depth of the experiences portrayed, and the exposition of the dance components in healing, recovery, change, and growth. We welcome first time and seaonsed writers.
Submit to Dance in the Spirit Journal! ISSN 2639-2259
Greetings! We are reading personal essay and short story submissions between October 15, 2018 and January 5, 2019 for our third issue which will be published online February 15, 2019 on our website! This issue focuses on all forms of sacred dance as it relates to the Season of Light that has aided in your spiritual journey. All traditions are welcome, from classic to popular, from all historical perspectives, current and historical, from all over the globe.
All submissions should be between 2500 and 6000 words, and have not been published elsewhere. Also please be mindful that we do not accept simultaneous submissions. You will be notified of your status within two weeks of the submission close date.
Selected authors, upon signing a contract for publication, will receive payment for their work 10 business days after the publication date. Payment varies by length of article.
Please double space your work, and use a one inch margin all around, with a times new roman or related font. Please attach as a Word file. You are welcome to include a video clip (which you own the rights to) of the dance you are writing about with your submission of up to 30 seconds in length, or a photograph that you own the rights to as a jpeg.
Thank you for considering Dance in the Spirit Journal for your work!